Youth sports organizations are run by volunteers and we could not have lacrosse in Mankato without volunteer board members. If your player has enjoyed playing lacrosse and would like to continue, consider joining the MALA board in one of several open board positions. Experience playing lacrosse not needed.
Order of Election for the Mankato Area Lacrosse Association
An election is hereby ordered to be held on August 18, 2019 for the purpose of:
Electing members to serve on the Board of Directors for Mankato Area Lacrosse Association (MALA)
Positions up for election:
**=indicates the incumbent will run for re-election
Terms of positions are 2 years
· Schedule and preside at all meetings of the Association
· Appoint all committees and coordinators and be a member ex-officio of all committees
· See that all rules and regulations of the Association are executed
· Monitor Association deposits and payments
· Assure MALA is in compliance with non-profit and supervisory group regulations and requirements
· Coordinate all affairs with and between the Minnesota Lacrosse Association, US Lacrosse, MBSLA, MSLax, Homegrown Lacrosse, or any other leagues MALA is involved with
· Sign all legal documents
· General supervision of the Association and perform all duties that pertain to this office
· Serve as Treasurer in their absence
· Keep records of all minutes of meetings of the Association and of the Board
· Distribute copies of minutes and the agenda to each member of the Board and assure corporate records are maintained
· Supervise all elections, tabulate vote and announce elections results
· Schedules all Association games for in-house and traveling teams
· Works on field availability
· Schedules tournaments as needed and provides tournament recommendations
· Updates and maintains website schedules
· Works with Registration Chair to schedule registration events
· Creates a process and assures implementation of conflict resolution between Association and parents/players/coaches
· Works with Operations Chair and Coaching Chair on Code of Conduct guide for players/coaches/parents
· Oversees the planning, organization, and execution of all fundraising measures for the Association.
GROWTH and EXPANSION
· Oversees the planning, organization and development of Association initiatives targeted at growing lacrosse in Mankato.
AT LARGE MEMBERS (2)
· Participates in Association decisions and attends all Board meetings.
Nominations may be emailed to Board Secretary at email@example.com
August 16, 2019 is the last day for a candidate to file for a Place on the Ballot.
Voting by personal appearance will be conducted on August 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm at Jake’s Pizza (party room)
Looking for specific information? Click on the Home tab to find what you need.
What equipment is needed to play lacrosse?
Boys: helmet (white in color), shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick, mouth guard, personal protective gear and cleats.
Girls: goggles, elbow pads, gloves, stick, mouth guard and cleats.
What fields do the lacrosse teams play at in Mankato?
Teams use a variety of fields available to MALA. Dakota Meadows, Prairie Winds, Rosa Parks and Monroe.
We appreciate all the support.
Create an account at the top of the page to become a member of our website. This will allow us to communicate with players, coaches, and parents regarding team info, any changes in schedules, and other important lacrosse information in the upcoming season. You can also download the Sports Ngin App to your smart phone to receive updates on selected teams.
Download the Sports Ngin App on your iPhone or android phone. Select any or all Mankato lacrosse teams and view all schedules, game statistics, photos, videos, and any other posts related to those teams. Please note: you may have to turn notifications on to receive alerts.